AUTHOR: Glen Dunlap, Rose Iovannone, Donald Kincaid, Kelly Wilson, Kathy Christiansen, Phillip Strain and Carie English
FORMAT: BOOK and CD-ROM
CALL NUMBER: BEH446
GENERAL INFO: Solve serious behavior challenges in K-8 classrooms with this easy-to-use book, the practical guide to the research-proven Prevent-Teach-Reinforce (PTR) model. Developed by some of the most respected authorities on positive behavior support, this innovative model gives teachers and school teams a five-step plan for reducing problems unresolved by typical behavior management strategies.
This highly successful model is:
- proven effective by research and field testing in real classrooms - PTR was shown to reduce behavior problems and increase social skills and academic engagement,
- detailed and explicit, with 5 systematic steps that take educators beyond tips and strategies,
- easy to incorporate into established instructional approaches, such as response to intervention,
- adaptable to the needs and goals of each individual student,
- consistent with the evidence based positive behavior support approach and based on the research and principles of applied behavior analysis,
- effective for a wide variety of students with and without disabilities
The CD-ROM has the printable forms and tools needed to implement the PTR model.
PLUK LIBRARY INFO: To checkout materials from the PLUK Library, you may call us at 888-773-2189, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Items are checked out for 4 weeks. The PLUK Library will send materials anywhere in Montana, patrons are responsible for return postage.