We encourage attendees to submit questions in advance of the webcast.Submit your question to the panel. to attend the webcast.
This presentation from the Federal Partners in Bullying Prevention Webinar Series will explore how local communities can activate partnerships to create positive change in bullying prevention. HRSA’s new Bullying Prevention Training Module and Community Action Toolkit will be showcased, along with an overview of the vision behind this train-the-trainer resource for community members of all different backgrounds: elected officials, faith leaders, youth leaders, and professionals in education, health and safety, law enforcement, child care and out-of-school care, mental health and social services, local recreation offices, as well as leaders of the local business community. We all have a role to play in bullying prevention.
Participants will be able to:
- Articulate basic research about what bullying is, why it occurs and how it affects youth from elementary to high school;
- Explain in concrete terms, the strategies that can be used to prevent and respond to bullying when working in the community;
- Utilize three new resources provided by the Federal Partners in Bullying Prevention to educate other community leaders about bullying prevention best practices, misdirections and action planning; and
- Organize a community event to raise broader public awareness about the issues surrounding bullying and to develop local solutions that address them.
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
2pm - 3:30pm MST
- Community members of all different backgrounds
- elected officials
- faith leaders
- youth leaders
- professionals in education
- health and safety
- law enforcement
- child care and out-of-school care
- mental health and social services
- local recreation offices
- leaders of the local business community
General information, publications and shortage designation email@example.com
888-ASK-HRSA (888-275-4772, TTY: 877-489-4772), 8:30 am to 5 pm ET, weekdays (except Federal holidays)