The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is holding a series of Affordable Care Act implementation forums throughout the country. We encourage you all to attend these broad policy-focused meetings, as they present a valuable opportunity to insert the consumer voice into the implementation process. Although registration for the Washington, DC session has been closed due to space constraints, it will also be webcast.
HHS will use these forums to provide information to stakeholders on the Affordable Care Act implementation process. Additionally, they have promised ample time for Q&A, making these events a great opportunity to talk to key federal officials about pressing issues, such as:
- How you would like to see open exchange policy decisions decided, either for Federally Facilitated and Partnership exchanges, or for unresolved state exchange issues that require federal guidance.
- How HHS will engage with stakeholders, including consumer groups, in states that are pursuing Partnership or Federally Facilitated Exchanges (FFEs).
- Input on additional information that HHS could provide to help your state define a comprehensive Essential Health Benefits package.
Please click here to RSVP for one of the following sessions:
- August 14, 2012: Washington, DC (webcast only)
- August 15, 2012: Atlanta, GA
- August 21, 2012: Chicago, IL
- August 22, 2012: Denver, CO