Click here to RSVP!
Is there a role for states in screening youth offenders in Juvenile Justice systems for TBI? How do we help ensure access to appropriate treatment once they are screened? What are the keys to a successful partnership with the Department of Juvenile Justice?
Answering these and many other important questions about working with the juvenile justice system will be the focus of a HRSA Federal TBI Program webinar on December 13 at 2:00 p.m. EST. You will hear from grantees currently working to implement programs in their respective states, their partners, and mental health providers from state and local departments of Juvenile Justice, who will discuss:
- Issues facing juveniles with TBI and the complexities of getting properly screened and treated
- Two screening tools currently being used in juvenile justice systems
- Concerns often voiced by juvenile justice partners and strategies for addressing them
- Key components of successful partnerships
- Issues facing mental health providers in juvenile justice systems
- How to maximize program sustainability
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
12:00pm – 1:30pm MT