Open to all who work and live with preschool & elementary age children. A unique hands-on, highly participatory FUN workshop! Demonstrates sensory integration and sensory processing to enhance the environment by making it “sensory safe” for students, parents, and teachers. Attendees will experience what it is like to have sensory challenges and learn how to use chair balls in classrooms and homes by participating during the hands-on lab work.
The Sensory Tool Kit™ workshop reviews current research to support evidence-based practice and education. Diana will introduce the new Sensory Processing Measure (SPM) and Quick Tips®, promoting team collaboration and partnerships between schools and clinics.
- Be introduced to sensory integration and sensory processing in a user-friendly format
- Be introduced to the SPM and Quick Tips®
- Learn to identify their own sensory needs as adults
- Identify how student behaviors may relate to sensory integration and Sensory Processing Disorders
- Learn the concepts behind activities and use the Tool Chest™ handbook including chair balls, during the mock classroom demonstration and lab work.
October 18 & 19, 2012
815 Front Street